Welcome to 304 Tuscola!
The Community Residential Treatment Homes of Lutheran Child & Family Service of Michigan (LCFS) are two distinct and separate eight-bed programs housed in our facility at 304 Tuscola Road in Bay City, Michigan. The two programs are community-based, family-like programs located in a residential neighborhood and are licensed to serve adolescent males between the ages of 14 and 17 at the time of placement. The program is designed for young men who have successfully completed more intensive residential treatment, but are not ready for placement with their own families, foster families or independent living.
The purpose of the program is to provide a safe, transitional living arrangement with adult supervision and individualized treatment for young men as they prepare to move toward more permanent placements. The treatment environment is based on:
- Positive Youth Development Principles
- Strength Based Non-Coercive Practices
- Involvement in community-based social, recreational and vocational activities
- Male between the ages of 14-17
- Free of recent severe impairments or aggressive behavior
- Must be capable of functioning successfully in a public school setting
- Students will learn the importance of leadership and gain leadership skills
- Each eight-bed program will have a governing body of students. Students will take an active role in setting rules for the house and planning group activities
- In order to practice independent living skills, students in the program will fully participate with meal planning, shopping, cooking, laundry, upkeep of the home and housekeeping.
- An Education Specialist assesses the student's current educational needs and establishes with the student and Bay City Public Schools an appropriate education plan.
- Students will attend public schools. Some students will be transported to other schools depending on their need.
- Students entering the program are connected to their local Youth Board, which helps expand their access to peer support, community resources, leadership and career opportunities.
- Every effort will be made to assist students in maintaining links with their home communities by attending activities in their community.
- Students will be matched with a peer mentor and an adult mentor/advocate
To find out more about 304 Tuscola, contact:
Robert Harvey, Program Manager- email@example.com. You can also call 304 Tuscola at (989) 892-8564.
A special thank you to Thrivent Financial for Lutherans for helping us get this program off the ground and running. Because of your generosity and support, we are able to impact more lives with this wonderful program.